Instagram Reels is launched as an answer to TikTok looking at their meteoric success. Instagram is keen to piggyback on this trend and get the most out of it. While the audience of TikTok is between the age of 16-24 year old, Instagram’s audience is between 24-34 years old. if you are thinking of promoting your podcast on Instagram Reels, make sure your podcast clips connect with this audience range.
If you have not yet started, you are missing out on a huge opportunity.
Let’s understand a few important facts about Instagram Reels as a creator,
- You can upload videos between 15 seconds to 30 seconds
- You can use popular / trending music from it’s inbuilt music library
- The dimensions of Instagram Reels is 9:16
- The resolution of video or image you can upload on Instagram Reels is 1080 x 1920
What is the best Instagram Reels strategy for you as a podcaster?
If your audience is between the age group of 24-34 years, Instagram Reels is one of the best placements for you.
Instagram is prioritizing Reels. If you post Reels, chances are you will get a higher rate of impressions. But like any new placement on a social platform, this will fade out soon. So it is best to start posting now.
A few pointers to make sure your podcast clips get the best possible engagement,
1. Write a precise and specific title telling your audience what the clips is about. The title helps them make this decision.
2. If you are producing an audio-based podcast, make sure you use the cover image of your show so that it becomes a consistent brand signal across channels.
3. Add subtitles to your video. This is the most important part of your video if you want your audience to engage with your podcast clips till the end.
There are multiple reasons for adding subtitles,
- It acts as an anchor for your audience to stay in the moment and pay attention to what you are talking
- It allows people to consume your video even if it is on mute
- It helps non-native speakers to understand what you say with more clarity
How to post your podcast clips to Instagram Reels?
1. Choose your podcast clips compatible with Instagram Reels
Decide the sections in your long-form podcast that you can cut into clips of 15 to 20 seconds or less for Instagram Reels. You can use a tool like Recast Studio to convert these podcasts to video clips. You can create as many clips as you need to fill your promotion calendar of the week.
By doing this up front, you will save time and mental energy.
The next thing you have to do is decide the correct dimension.
2. Use a vertical template for Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels are vertical in dimension. So the most important thing you need to do is to choose the vertical dimension for your project.
If you are designing from scratch, choose the project dimension before getting started. You can do the same thing for Instagram Reels by using a horizontal feed.
3. Edit or add progress bar, text, logo & podcast cover
Once you have chosen a template, make sure you edit the text, replace the logo & podcast cover in the template. Also, make sure you trim the clip.
If you are designing your template from scratch, arrange all the elements in a way that can you can reuse them.
Then duplicate your project and follow the same process for all your other podcast clips.
4. Upload your podcast clip on Instagram Reels
When you login to Instagram via your phone, the Reels icon is at the center on the bottom navigation bar. Once you click on it, you can click on add media in the lower-left corner. Make sure you have downloaded the final podcast clip on your phone. Make sure your podcast video clip’s dimension and duration are compatible.
Dimension & Duration for Instagram Reels : 9:16 | 15 to 30 Seconds
5. Share your podcast clips with your audience
Once you have uploaded your clips, go ahead and post them. Once you have posted it, all your followers will be able to see your LinkedIn Stories & Feed.
If you want to share your podcast clips to LinkedIn, try Recast Studio to convert your podcast to video quickly and easily.