Instagram launched Reels as an answer to TikTok, looking at their meteoric success. Instagram is keen to piggyback on this trend and get the most out of it. While the audience of TikTok is between the age of 16-24 years old, Instagram’s audience is between 24-34 years old. If you are thinking of promoting your podcast on Instagram Reels, make sure your podcast clips connect with this audience range.
If you have not yet started, you are missing out on a huge opportunity.
Let's Understand A Few Important Facts About Instagram Reels As A Creator
- You can upload videos between 15 seconds to 30 seconds
- You can use popular/trending music from its inbuilt music library
- The dimensions of Instagram Reels is 9:16
- The resolution of video or image you can upload on Instagram Reels is 1080 x 1920
What Is The Best Instagram Reels Strategy For You As A Podcaster?
1. Write a specific title telling your audience what the clips are about. The title helps them make this decision.
2. If you are producing an audio-based podcast, make sure you use the cover image of your show so that it becomes a consistent brand signal across channels.
3. Add subtitles to your video. This is an essential part of your video if you want your audience to engage with your podcast clips till the end.
There are multiple reasons for adding subtitles.
- It acts as an anchor for your audience to stay in the moment and pay attention to what you are talking.
- It allows people to consume your video even if it is on mute
- It helps non-native speakers to understand what you say with more clarity
How To Post Your Podcast Clips To Instagram Reels?
Step #1 - Upload Video or Audio
Decide the section in your long-form podcast that you can cut into clips of 15 to 20 seconds or less for Instagram Reels
Step #2 - Choose A Template
Instagram Reels are vertical in dimension. So the most important thing you need to do is choose the vertical dimension for your project.
Recast Studio offers a variety of templates with attractive visual imagery for every post of yours,
These templates are highly customizable, and you can easily change the font, colors, text, and cover image.
Step #4 - Upload Your Podcast Clip on Instagram Reels
When you log in to Instagram via your phone, the Reels icon is at the center on the bottom navigation bar. Once you click on it, you can click on add media in the lower-left corner. Make sure you have downloaded the final podcast clip on your phone. Make sure your podcast video clip’s dimension and duration are compatible.
Dimension & Duration for Instagram Reels : 9:16 | 15 to 30 Seconds
As Reels continue to become an integral part of the Instagram user experience, it is an excellent opportunity for Podcasters to leverage the platform to promote their shows.